Well, right now I am home, packing up my last minute things and getting ready to leave. My ride comes at 4PM, and then after a short trip to drop off my borrowed belongings, we will be off to the airport. I don't know what kind of contact I will have in the airport, so you may not hear from me. But I am out there nevertheless.
This has been a most wonderful trip. There were several who asked today if I would stay for another month, something I gave serious consideration to. But, there are requirements of me in Atlanta, like applying for residency and finishing up medical school. I have a heavy heart as I prepare to leave, and a belly full of traditional African food, thanks to my OR team who spoiled me with lunch and breakfast this morning. I will miss the simplicity of life here, the patients, my awesome operative staff, the teaching and learning from all avenues. Of course I will miss operating. I won't operate like this again until I am well into residency. Unless I come back here... which will most certainly happen.
There is so much to say, and then again, so little. I have fallen in love with this place, and I plan to come back soon. I love the Kenyan way of life, though at times it has frustrated me.
Well, I do suppose that is all for now. Please pray for me as I leave, as I travel, and as I arrive back to the USA. I will land in Newark airport tomorrow at noon, as long as all goes according to plan (no delays, etc). After that, I am in NY for a day debriefing, and then home to West Palm on Thursday night. So look for pictures after that, but probably not before that.
Thanks again for checking in on me. This has been a great way to talk with you, and I'm glad we were able to keep in touch this way. I hope you were able to journey alongside me to some extent.
Talk to you again soon!
Jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment