Well, today was a GREAT day in the OR. All the other peds surgeons were gone, except for one, so I had to scrub into all the operations today, first assisted on all of them, and got to operate WAY more than I have before. It was awesome. I learned so much from actually being able to operate, like handling instruments and how to move your hands so as to minimize excess movements. It was great.
I am home now and will relax and get ready for tomorrow. Since all the other peds surgeons are away, I am being given more responsibility regarding taking care of the patients on the floor. There are probably 40 surgical patients, and I am supposed to know the updates and stories on all of them. So I need to do some studying tonight, so that I know the patients better tomorrow. This morning I was embarrassed because I didn't know the details on all the patients. So tonight I will study them well so that tomorrow I will be better prepared for the questions in rounds. I feel like today was my first day as an intern, being responsible for patient care. A little overwhelming, but I feel up for the challenge. And it makes it worth it because I get to spend the day in the OR operating in exchange for taking care of the ward issues.
OK, well, I guess that is all for now. Sorry for the short post, but I have to eat some dinner, do some laundry, and then prep for tomorrow. Oh, and shower, too. Lots of things on the list, and only a few hours to get them done.
Talk to you again soon!
Jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment