Well, this morning I am waking up to life in the USA. I tried to stay up late last night to fight jet lag and get back into the swing of hours in the USA, but I was sound asleep by 8PM, despite sleeping very well on both flights.
My departure from Kenya was surreal. I kept thinking that it was a bad dream, and I would wake up still there. My ride came an hour late (no big surprise), and then we drive through rush hour to make it to the airport. Despite the 2.5 hours drive, we got there very early. I had time to hang out in the airport, get dinner, and chat with some other missionaries while we waited for the flight. After boarding the plane and realizing that God had graced me with an empty seat next door, I fell asleep directly (the flight left at midnight Kenyan time). I woke up as we were landing in London.
I had a 2 hour layover in London, so I got a cup of coffee and a breakfast tart, and sat and talked to some other missionaries while waiting for my flight. After boarding that plane, I found that God's grace extends beyond my expectations, as there were TWO empty seats next to me, which meant I had a whole row all to myself. So I stretched out and fell asleep, missing lunch, immigration forms, etc. I woke up about an hour before landing. It was great. Customs was uneventful and my luggage was all there, not a thread missing. My ride was there waiting for me, and then I came up here to the AIM headquarters in Pearl River, NY. I am here today for debriefing, and then I leave at 5PM for West Palm Beach.
Over the next few days I will start uploading pictures from my trip. If you have facebook, I have pictures there, as well. And I will continue to write here, as I think of lessons learned or memories I think you might want to know.
If you can, pray for the weather today. There are storms all over this area (they call the Tri-State area...), which may mean my flight is delayed. Bummer, dude. All I want is to go home, which may be delayed. Pray that those storms pass early, so that there is sufficient time to get back on schedule before my takeoff time, which is 5:10PM.
Thanks again for checking in on me. And thanks for your faithful prayers while I was gone (and now as I am back). One lesson I learned was the power of prayer both to be my strength and my comfort when the answer is yes, and especially when the answer is no.
Talk to you soon!
Jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment